Nutrition & Pressure Injuries: Putting the New Guidelines Into Practice
The latest Clinical Practice Guidelines on pressure injury (Stage 2 or greater) suggest providing malnourished and at risk patients with increased amounts of calories, protein, L-arginine, zinc and other antioxidants provided by diet and oral nutritional supplements or enteral formulas.
Dr. Litchford reviews these recommendations from the perspective of the supporting evidence and the healing process for partial and full thickness wounds. A case study is also presented to reinforce the importance of nutritional assessment and show practical implementation of guideline recommendations.
RDs and DTRs practicing in the US may log CPE activities under Activity Type 175 for up to three years from the original presentation date. This program is eligible for 1 CPEU. The activity number for viewing this recording through September 30, 2023 is 158729 (level 2).
To learn more about submitting this activity type visit https://www.cdrnet.org/new-recorded-preapproved-CPE-activity-type
To obtain a CE certificate, register at www.MyCEeducation.com
Once registered, go to https://www.myceeducation.com/PIN/
1) Enter your email (Username) in the box provided.
2) Enter PIN code: C36480E9 in the box provided.
3) Select "Submit" and follow the prompts (you will be asked to login with your password)
4) Complete the evaluation for this activity.
5) Select the Dietitian or Attendance certificate type in the drop-down box, enter your professional ID, and click "Print Certificate". The certificate can be saved to personal files and/or printed.