Breastfeeding, Breast Milk Composition, and Growth Outcomes
The following issues will be described and discussed:
- Growth pattern in BF infant compared to formula fed infants and the background for developing the WHO growth standards based on BF infants.
- Effect of BF on early body composition pattern and later risk of obesity.
- Effect of BF on growth related hormones e.g. IGF-I, leptin and insulin.
- Is BF programming the IGF-I axis and what is the effect on linear growth later in life.
- What aspects of human milk composition have an effect on infant growth: e.g. macronutrients, HMO and appetite regulating hormones?
- How is BF affecting growth in low- and middle-income countries?
Player is loading...