Our Roasted Chickpea Salad is the ideal festive season meal. Light and sweet, this recipe is perfect for a hot summer’s day!
- 2500 g Chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- No oil Dressing Italian
- 1 400 g Butternut, peeled and cubed
- 40 g Oil, olive, extra virgin
- 5 g Salt, fine
- 2 g Pepper, black, fine
- 5 g Cinnamon, fine
- 20 ml Chilli Sauce
- 60 ml Honey (swop for maple syrup if vegan)
- 30 g Rocket, fresh
- 300 g Feta, Danish (swop for vegan feta if dairy-intolerant)
- 30 ml Pumpkin seeds, toasted
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C, using a clean towel dry the chickpeas well.
- In a small bowl combine the chickpeas and no oil dressing and mix well.
- Spread out on a baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes until the chickpeas start to crisp up. Transfer to a clean bowl and set aside.
- In a separate bowl combine the butternut, olive oil, salt, pepper, cinnamon, Chilli Sauce and honey. Stir well to coat the butternut.
- Spread the butternut on the same baking sheet. Reduce the oven temperature to 180 ̊C and place the butternut in the oven.
- Roast for 20-25 minutes until the butternut is tender.
- Allow the butternut to cool for 10 minutes.
- In a serving bowl toss together the rocket, butternut and chickpeas.
- Top with feta and toasted pumpkin seeds.
Prep time: +/- 15 minutes
Cooking time: 60 minutes
This recipe, by ingredients, is egg-free, gluten-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free and vegetarian.
It can also be dairy-free / non-dairy and vegan / plant-based with substitution of maple syrup for honey and vegan feta for feta, making it generally food allergy-friendly.