Tuesday, June 17, 2014
The updated Pediatric Nutrition handbook from the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) is now available to download from the AAP website.
AAP members can receive a complimentary copy of this eBook following support from the Nestlé Nutrition Institute.
This 7th edition includes:
• Current policies and practice recommendations from the AAP Committee on Nutrition
• Several new chapters and appendices have been added, including chapters on school and daycare nutrition; gene and nutrient interaction; and metabolic programming.
• Recent advances and developments on topics that arise frequently in pediatric practice: breastfeeding, fast foods, vegetarian diets, persistent newborn diarrhea, preterm infant nutrition needs, chronic obesity, vitamin supplementation, and more
• Appendices of more than 50 tables including dietary allowances, energy requirements, composition of human milk and infant formulas, MyPlate and more
• More than 20 growth charts for very low and low birth weights; full-term infants, children, and adolescents; down syndrome and more
• Updated listings of resources for you and your patients, including printed materials, government agencies and Web sites
Developed by the AAP Committee on Nutrition, this edition was edited by Ronald E. Kleinman, MD, FAAP, with associate editor Frank R. Greer, MD, FAAP. Significantly revised and updated by more than 100 authors, the seventh edition provides the latest evidence-based guidelines on the full spectrum of childhood nutrition issues.
Access information for the Pediatric Nutrition, 7th
Access directly at our new, responsive site, by going
from any device with a current browser and Internet connection.
You will also be able to use your AAP login to download
to Apple and Android tablets and smartphones via the AAP eBooks app.
If prompted, use the Individual/Member hyperlink and
enter your AAP login.
For any questions about accessing the Pediatric Nutrition eBook, email the AAP
at firstname.lastname@example.org or call toll-free at
© COPYRIGHT 2014 AMERICAN ACADEMY OF PEDIATRICS, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. #MI298. American Academy of Pediatrics | 141 Northwest Point Blvd | Elk Grove Village, IL 60007 | 847/434-4000